Oxford Street Hair knows the power of a good hair day.
If you only have time for one grooming thing in the morning, your hair should always win out, after all you can pop your lippy on in the car and sunnies will take care of the rest.
Winning the war on my frizzy hair is one of my life’s missions and I now have a formula that will help you make the most of your blow dry.
The most important thing is good day-to-day hair maintenance! This applies to everyone, and as you know if your hair is slightly more challenging than most (like mine) then you really can’t go past a bhave Smoothing Treatment to cut your styling time in half.
- Good hair days start with regular salon visits. Be consistent, and your hair will be more manageable. Establish a relationship with your hairdresser, this will pay your back every day.
- Get a style that suits you and your lifestyle. Talk to your hairdresser about your typical week, how much time do you have to spend on grooming, how much time do you want to spend on your hair. There is no point in getting that amazing short concave bob if you need to tie your hair up every day for your intensive exercise sessions, perhaps the Lob (long bob) is more suited.
- Use products specific to your hair type and needs. It does not matter what your budget is here, there is a product that is going to help you achieve your desired look. If the product your hairdresser recommends is to pricey, look around, you will find something to suit your needs. But please try not to scrimp to much on the Shampoo and Conditioner, this is key to keeping your hair in top condition.
- Consider a treatment specific to your hair needs. For me, those needs are hair that can be styled easily, hair that is free from frizz, and hair that is less poufy. I swear by bhave Smooth treatments and it still amazes me how good they are.
- The number one blow dry enemy is moisture. Wear a cap in the shower, shower cubicles are hot beds of humidity!
- Sleep on a silk pillowcase.
- Refresh you blow dry everyday. Add some oil and or heat protectant. iron any ends that might have gone there own way during the night, and use a dry shampoo at the roots to absorb any moisture that may have built up over night.
- Invest in professional salon blow dries. This may seem like an extravagance but depending on your job, or your lifestyle, a weekly blow dry is gonna save you time!